Are you someone who enjoys writing poetry? Or perhaps you have a friend or relative who is a talented poet? If so, why not enter our competition?
As well as having your poem published in our ‘Voices’ blog, and shared on social media, you will also have the opportunity to win a prize. All entries will be shortlisted at the end of September 2019 and the winner, and two runners up, will be announced on 2nd November 2019.
The winner will receive a prize of book tokens for the sum of £100, whilst each runner up will receive book tokens for the sum of £50.
Submit your poem along with a short biography to:
A panel of judges will decide the winner and runners up from the selection of short-listed poems.
Terms and Conditions
- Our competition is open to all poets who live in the UK.
- We are also very happy to accept posthumous submissions from a family member of the poet.
- This must be the original work of the poet. If discovered, plagiarism will result in disqualification from the competition.
- On submission, your work will be published on our blog, shared on social media, and entered for the competition.
- Entry is free, but a small donation to Maggie’s Centre, Nottingham for those who can afford it, is greatly appreciated.
- All poems must be submitted by 12pm on 30th September 2019.
- The purpose of the competition is to promote the excellent work of Maggie’s Centre, Nottingham and bring our community closer together. Thus, with this spirit in mind, we politely request that poems submitted are not likely to cause offense in any way. We do warmly encourage diversity, but reserve the right to decide entries. If you are unsure, please contact us for more guidance.
- The decision of the panel is final and will be announced on the 2nd November 2019.
Find out more about the fantastic work Maggie’s Nottingham provides and/or make a donation at: Maggie’s Centre Nottingham.