The deadline for the Voices Poetry Competition has now passed. Thank you very much to everyone who has decided to share their poetry with us. We really appreciate your kindness and support.
Please do not worry if your poem has not yet appeared on the Voices Blog. All poems that we have received prior to the deadline, will be considered for the competition.
There was a very large volume of entries during September and we shall continue to display poetry on the blog.
The shortlisting and moderation process will now begin and we shall post another update towards the end of the month.
The winner will receive a prize of book tokens for the sum of £100, whilst each runner up will receive book tokens for the sum of £50.
Submit your poem along with a short biography to:
Terms and Conditions
- Our competition is open to all poets who live in the UK.
- One poem per person can be submitted.
- We are also very happy to accept posthumous submissions from a family member of the poet.
- This must be the original work of the poet. If discovered, plagiarism will result in disqualification from the competition.
- On submission, your work will be published on our blog, shared on social media, and entered for the competition.
- Entry is free, but a small donation to Maggie’s Centre, Nottingham for those who can afford it, is greatly appreciated.
- All poems must be submitted by 12pm on 30th September 2019.
- The purpose of the competition is to promote the excellent work of Maggie’s Centre, Nottingham and bring our community closer together. Thus, with this spirit in mind, we politely request that poems submitted are not likely to cause offense in any way. We do warmly encourage diversity, but reserve the right to decide entries. If you are unsure, please contact us for more guidance.
- The decision of the panel is final and will be announced on the 2nd November 2019.
Find out more about the fantastic work Maggie’s Nottingham provides and/or make a donation at: Maggie’s Centre Nottingham.